Landlord Zone – Information

What you need to know

Important information

***   Little Mansions working with you    ***

•Permission to let must be obtained from the mortgage provider
•Buildings insurance is the landlord’s responsibility.
•If living abroad you will need to inform the inland- revenue and obtain a FICO exemption form.
•The landlord’s obligations are defined in section two of the housing act 1985.
•Two months notice must be given from the landlord to tenants, either on or before the rent due date.
•Ensure that the property is in a suitable condition for letting clean and tidy with only items which you wish to be included on the inventory.
•Furniture and Furnishings (Fire and Safety) Regulations 1993 sets new levels of fire resistance for domestic upholstered furniture and furnishings and non compliance can be an offence.
•UK income tax is payable on letting despite where you live you should seek advice from a qualified accountant.
•You are responsible for all electrical safety of appliances left in the property.

We can help to make sure you understand these important points.