On the 1st June 2019 the Tenant Fees Act 2019 comes into place in England. This means that as a tenant there are only certain payments you can be charged;
- The rent
- A refundable tenancy deposit capped at no more than five weeks’ rent where the annual rent is less than £50,000, or six weeks’ rent where the total annual rent is £50,000 or above
- A refundable holding deposit (to reserve a property) capped at no more than one week’s rent d) payments to change the tenancy when requested by the tenant, capped at £50, or reasonable costs incurred if higher
- Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant
- Payments in respect of utilities, communication services, TV licence and council tax; and
- A default fee for late payment of rent and replacement of a lost key/security device, where required under a tenancy agreement
Non-Housing Act Tenancies or Company lets will be charged the following;
£250 Admin fee for Tenancy Agreement and supporting documents £50 per reference undertaken
Deposit taken will be 2x the rent agreed
£60 Admin fee
Deposit taken will be one month’s rent
*Please note we may receive commission from contractors, insurance companies, referencing companies and utility providers.
Money held is protected by the Client Money Protection Scheme (CMP).